Wednesday, October 1, 2014

IF:Equip Genesis Day 13

If:Equip Genesis 8:1-19


View video Commentary here

If I believe this is true then:

What does it mean about God?
It took a very long time for the waters to recede but God did not forget the promise made to Noah, even though I'm sure Noah and his family thought that he had. Months of floating on the wave must have put some unrest into their spirits, but God was faithful. God IS faithful. We could do well to remember that.

What does it mean about me?
Can I be as patient for God to act as Noah was? I guess if I had no other choice I could, but I'm not sure how I would do it in everyday life. He was obedient. I strive to be obedient, but I am rather head strong so sometimes that might not work out so well for me.

What does it mean about the world?
The world is God's and the fullness thereof. God has made promises to this world and while we may not see them all come to fruition that doesn't mean God has forgotten us by any means! God is faithful and will be faithful. This is good news, gospel news!

No comments:

Post a Comment