Friday, October 17, 2014

Friday Five

Friday Five: Jury Duty
Today's Friday Five is from janintx.

"This week I spent the first 1 1/2 days on a jury panel being questioned so that the formal jury could be formed. This being a murder trial, there were eight rows (of ten seats) in all. I was #67 out of 80. It was interesting to see how the potential jurors answered the questions, especially about their occupations and high schools graduated from.Not chosen, I came home Tuesday afternoon instead of spending the next 2-3 weeks in a courtroom.
With this on my mind, as well as a jury notice for Federal Court for November 4, I am wondering about your experience(s) with jury duty."
1. Have you been called to jury duty? How many times? Did you excuse yourself or show up at the courthouse?
2. What were the results of your call to jury duty?
3. What does your state base its candidates’ list from?
4. Have you ever served on a jury? What was that like?
5. Have you ever had a jury summons to a U. S. Court? What was it like?
No, I have never been called to jury duty, but I like to think that I would show up if out of nothing more than curiosity! As I have never been to jury duty, the rest of these are all questions I can't answer.(or could, but no, no, no, and no would be very boring)
SO instead, I'll share a case with you that my mom was asked about when she went to jury duty when I was in the 4th grade, and see if you would be able to find the guilty party.
Max, the owner of a house, comes home one day to find Mary and Pete lying on the floor behind his sofa, dead. There is broken glass and water on the floor, but no windows are broken and the doors are all locked. The only other living thing in the room is the Oscar, the cat. What happened?

2 comments:

  1. UGH! Dangit! I know this has a very cute answer but I can't figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The answer is:
    Oscar the cat is the guilty party. Mary and Pete are the goldfish, he knocked over their bowl and broke it and Max returned before Oscar could enjoy his reward (or remove the evidence if you prefer)

    ReplyDelete