Thursday, October 9, 2014

IF:Equip Day 19

If: Equip Genesis 13:1-18



Video commentary can be found here

IF I believe this is true then:

What does it mean about God?
God has been with Abram as he has moved from place to place and been faithful even when Abram has doubted and acted in fear. God's faithfulness is something beyond what any of us can really imagine. God blesses Abram and will continue to do so.
What does it mean about me?
I need to be more aware of God's activity and faithfulness in my life and in the life of the congregation I serve. We have suffered mightily this past year with many deaths and losses and yet God is faithful. I need to remember that God is near and will be near and that there is a direction we are going with God.
What does it mean about the world?
God still loves the world and continues to work in it and through it. Sometimes through human agency. I pray that the world would become more receptive to those bringing the message of God and that the world might hear the love of God especially in the midst of such hate and violence done and spoken in the Holy One's name.

No comments:

Post a Comment