Monday, October 20, 2014

IF:Equip Day 26

IF: Equip Genesis 18:16-33



Video Commentary by Amber Haines and Ally Vesterfelt can be viewed here

IF I believe this to be true then:

What does it mean about God?
God does not seek to hide plans from us, but rather for us to participate with God in those plans. God listened to Abraham's pleading and responded, not with anger or stress, but with hope. Yes, for 50 I will not destroy, for 30 , for 25 for 10 I will hold back my hand.

What does it mean about me?
How often do I intercede on others behalf? God listens, do I live my life as if this is true? What are we as Christians doing to REALLY intercede on the world's behalf? God is good and righteous and merciful and forgiving. Do I reflect those truths about God to the world?

What does it mean about the world?
God is still seeking to bring the world to an understanding of its redemption and renewal. God allows us to walk alongside in this journey, living by example and by our words the life he wants all to live. Even when we test/question God, we are still invited to join in the process. There is still so much to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment