Wednesday, October 22, 2014

IF: Equip Day 28

If: Equip Genesis 19:23-29



Video commentary by Shauna Niequist & Annie Downs can be viewed here.

IF I believe this to be true then:

What does it mean about God?
God has amazing powers of mercy, but also of judgement. These people had stopped treating one another as fully human, with hospitality and kindness. When we cease to see the image of God in everyone we risk heading down the same path. God is too good to let that happen. God seeks so much more than that kind of life for us.

What does it mean about me?
Lot's wife turned to salt when she looked back. How many things do I look back on and become immovable?  What things/relationships has God rescued me from that I can't seem to let go of? Where in my life is God calling me to turn away and where do I need to distance myself more completely?

What does it mean about the world?
We have been rescued, yet we turn back and long for the old ways. The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak. Sometimes I think the spirit is pretty weak too! We are not grateful for our rescue instead we whine about how good others have it, or what we are missing out on, rather than rejoicing in the mercies we have!

No comments:

Post a Comment