Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Return from hiatus

So, I've not posted in way too many months to count and have greatly missed the opportunity to catalog thoughts, feelings, inspirations and the like. I'm trying to do better as a part of a personal spiritual awareness program. Perhaps it will help me to see where I am and where I have been. I find myself wishing I had not deleted my earlier blog, Can a Texas Bluebonnet Bloom in Tennessee?, without saving the material. I wish I could honestly look back at the things I said, what I did and reflect on how far God has brought me and my family.

However, no use pining over a past mistake!

Today we are on our second snow day, this one without snow, in northern Alabama. The 21 month old is down for a nap, the 9 year old is playing on the Wii and the 5 year old is playing nick jr games. Perhaps I can accomplish some sermon prep today after all!

I'm looking at 1 Corinthians 3, the passage about how Paul planted, Apollos watered, but the growth came from God. The issue of ownership has been a big one in our congregation and I am pondering how to address this within this passage. While it may be obvious to me that the church does not "belong" to any human, how can I point that out, while still encouraging participation? 

No comments:

Post a Comment