So, I've not posted in way too many months to count and have greatly missed the opportunity to catalog thoughts, feelings, inspirations and the like. I'm trying to do better as a part of a personal spiritual awareness program. Perhaps it will help me to see where I am and where I have been. I find myself wishing I had not deleted my earlier blog, Can a Texas Bluebonnet Bloom in Tennessee?, without saving the material. I wish I could honestly look back at the things I said, what I did and reflect on how far God has brought me and my family.
However, no use pining over a past mistake!
Today we are on our second snow day, this one without snow, in northern Alabama. The 21 month old is down for a nap, the 9 year old is playing on the Wii and the 5 year old is playing nick jr games. Perhaps I can accomplish some sermon prep today after all!
I'm looking at 1 Corinthians 3, the passage about how Paul planted, Apollos watered, but the growth came from God. The issue of ownership has been a big one in our congregation and I am pondering how to address this within this passage. While it may be obvious to me that the church does not "belong" to any human, how can I point that out, while still encouraging participation?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment