Wednesday, February 12, 2014

IF: EQUIP John 1: 1-18

I am trying out the IF:Equip study.  It's a bible reading plan with readings Monday-Friday. Brief reflection and quiet time is something I struggle with, so perhaps this will help me get in the habit.

Read John 1: 1-18

If you believe this is true:

  • What does this mean about God?
It tells us that God and Christ and the Holy Spirit have always been interconnected, in relationship, from the beginning. It tells us that God was actively participating in creation, and is actively participating in creation. It tells us that God's love does not end, but is ongoing.
  • What does this mean about you?
That God is not done with me yet. That Jesus has come to light up the dark places, where too often I want/like to hide. That I, like John, am not the light, but someone called to bring others to the light.
  • What does this mean about the world?
That God is in love with the world God created. That God has not given up on the world, but continues to make the offer of reconciliation, of healing, of wholeness. That as dark as the world gets, it has not and will not overcome God!

Read John 1: 19-34

If you believe this is true:

  • What does this mean about God?
That God's truth will be revealed, even when other's stand in the way. That God does have plans to reveal God-self to the world and to me. That God doesn't always work through "established Leadership."
  • What does this mean about you?
I need to listen to the right voices. That I cannot rely on the established, comfortable, readily available sources but trust that God is revealed through those and through current sources. I must be resilient when I KNOW God is speaking to or calling me.
  • What does this mean about the world?
The world can be hostile and oppressive, but God will still make an appearance. That God's limitless grace is just that, LIMITLESS! Sometimes God's word comes to those we least expect.

No comments:

Post a Comment