Friday, February 28, 2014

If EQUIP: Day 13 and Day 14

IF:EQUIP Day 13
Read John 6:16-21

If you believe this is true then:
  • What does this mean about God?
God is not held captive to nature. As the creator he overcame it without difficulty. God is so much bigger than we tend to allow God to be. If God has such control, why do I doubt God's control over and in my life?
  • What does this mean about you?
I too set off without God from time to time. What might I miss by leaving Christ behind? Am I always looking for or expecting Jesus to show up? How do I react when he does? Do I turn around if he doesn't?
  • What does this mean about the world?
Christ has not and will not abandon the world, a common theme in John. The love of God is deep, strong, and overpowering. Time and again we reject or walk away and time and again God draws near.


IF:EQUIP Day 14
Read John

If you believe this is true then:
  • What does this mean about God?
God is basic, a necessity for our lives. Just like bread, Jesus is to be a staple in our diet. While God does tire of us seeking only when we are in need or because we want more, God does not begrudge and still offers to fill us as we need to be filled.
  • What does this mean about you? the world?
If Christ is so basic why do we treat him as a luxury, set aside only for once a week and maybe less than that? Why do we not indulge daily? Where am I setting a table and not putting Christ on it? Jesus should be the first thing offered to friends, family and strangers.

No comments:

Post a Comment