Tuesday, September 23, 2014

IF:Equip Genesis 2:15-25 Day 6

(Don't know why this didn't publish yesterday. I'm going to have to double check my scheduling process)


If:Equip Genesis 2:15-25


Video Commentary can be found here

If I believe this to be true then:

What does it mean about God?
That God knew we (humanity) needed to live in community. It is not good to be alone. God is a relational being and part of being made in God's image is to be in community/relationship with others. God also wished for us to be helpmates, not slaves or servants, but partners with one another.

What does it mean about me?
I need to work more on seeing others as my helpmates and to embrace the idea of living in community. I struggle with depression and when this happens I tend to withdraw from others. This only makes things worse. If I can be around others, in community, not ashamed of who I am and what I bring with me, perhaps I would struggle less.

What does it mean about the world?
We need to be in relationship/community with one another. Living as dependent upon one another, rather than this sense of complete autonomy we try to cultivate.

No comments:

Post a Comment