Thursday, September 25, 2014

IF:Equip Day 9


If:Equip Day 9 Genesis 4:1-26



Video Commentary here


If I believe this to be true then:

What does it mean about God?
Both Abel and Cain offered gifts to the Lord. Abel offered the firstborn and the fat portions, while Cain just offered some. God doesn't want just anything. God wants our first fruits, our best. And even after Cain committed the first murder, God offered protection and relationship. Our God is a knowing God and still knowing everything about us seeks relationship with us!

What does it mean about me?
I need to redouble my efforts of giving to God my best, not what's leftover. This involves not only my tithing, but my life as well. As a minister I spend a ton of my time and effort on what hopefully are Godly things, but I can find myself going through the motions, rather than making a true connection, rather than really worshipping.

What does it mean about the world?
We are jealous creatures. We want to be loved and to be loved best, by everyone, but especially God. If we really acted like our "brother's keeper" the world would be a better place, but instead we try to kill one another through the killing of reputations, the spreading of hate, the exploiting of weaknesses and the sins of gluttony. Oh, Lord- forgive our sins against our brothers and sisters. Open our eyes to their needs and help us to realize that we are connected as the human family with you as our eternal father. In Christ I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment