Monday, September 29, 2014

IF: Equip Day 11

IF:Equip Genesis 6 Day 11


The video commentary can be found  here


If I believe this is true then:

What does it mean about God?
 God was worn out with humanity. The world was turning away from God at an enormously fast pace and the generations were becoming corrupt. The first step in curbing this seems to have been limiting life span, so gone are the 900 year lives and in come the 120 year life spans. That would at least slow down procreation a bit :)
Really the biggest thing I get out of this is that God had a plan. He did not just up and decide to save Noah because he was perfect, but rather because he had a since of righteousness, a faith in God. God also set about establishing a covenant with Noah. This covenant of grace, which is super important to Cumberland Presbyterian Theology and others, allows for reconciliation and relationship with God once more!

What does it mean about me?
 God continues to remember God's covenant and continues to be faithful to it. I maintain it as much as possible, but as it is initiated by God, it is not something that I control, limit, or expand as I see fit. Thanks be to God for that bit of wisdom. After all I am human and while made in God's image, I don't think there is anything I have done or will do to deserve the keeping of this covenant.

What does it mean about the world?
God has plans for the world. There is much still to do. God is active, even when we choose to ignore God. That even in the midst of our failures God offers an opportunity for redemption.

No comments:

Post a Comment