Monday, November 3, 2014

NaBloPoMo Day Three

Okay, so I'm late getting to it, but better late than never, right?
Write about a trip you have taken, one that may not have turned out as you planned but was nevertheless a gift.

At the end of December/beginning of January 2013/2014 we went on a trip with my mom, dad, brother, sister-in-law, kids and their kids. We all stayed in a three bedroom rental house. That's 11 people in a 3 bedroom house, unfortunately, my idea. 

My husband got sick within the first 24 hours. My son slept in his pack-in-play in a closet while his same age cousin slept in her pack-in-play in the laundry room. Hubby and I slept on an air mattress in the floor of the kitchen. Not ideal. 
 We did take the kids to the Alamo and tried to get that classic Alamo picture. It took a few tries.

 
We eventually wound up with one passable one.
While the trip was chaotic and crazy, it was great to spend time with family that is so spread out (New Mexico, Alabama, Mississippi, Texas)
It was a trip we will never forget, and hopefully never duplicate!!


1 comment:

  1. LOL! I love that it is one you won't forget and hope not to do again! Pack and plays in the closet...oh, my!!

    ReplyDelete