Wednesday, November 5, 2014

NaBloPoMo Day 5

Here's today's prompt: If you could slow down an action that usually zooms by, or speed up an event that normally drags on, which would you choose, and why?

I would slow down an action that goes by to quickly. Specifically those quite moments spent with family and/or close friends where you are just sure that life doesn't get any better than this. With three children under the age of 10 there is so much that I want to slow down and hold on to and treasure just a wee bit longer. 

Those moments where my 9 year old daughter looks up at me and says "you're the best Mommy ever!" (even though 9-10 times it means she wants something) are going to have to get me through her crazy and tumultuous teenage years.

The time spent cuddling with my six year old daughter in the bed will quickly give way to sneaking hugs and kisses when no one is watching.

Big wet slobbery kisses and hugs from my two year old son will all to soon become a head nod or embarrassed wave from a big boy on the playground or ball field.

I want to store these moments up and keep them close so that when I am overwhelmed or overtired or over-frustrated I can remember these times of pure bliss.

And be thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment