Wednesday, November 5, 2014

IF:Equip Day 38

IF:Equip Genesis 24:32-54



Video commentary by Esther Havens and Lindsey Nobles can be viewed here.

IF I believe this to be true then:

What does it mean about God?
God already knows what is best for us, God's just waiting for us to step up and be faithful. Rebekah was the girl with the right spirit and sense of hospitality to enter into this family. God was able to bless both families by this "Chance" encounter at a well. God's plans are always better than our plans. One day we will believe that and act on it!

What does it mean about me?
Looking back throughout my life I can see where God has turned me to the left and right. I can see where God has protected me and where God has allowed me to make poor choices and watched me deal with the consequences. My hope is that when others look at my life they can so obviously see God's presence as well. In my children, as they pray and bless others, in my husband who loves even the most unlovable, in the church I am blessed to serve with. I pray that people are in a better place after I spend time with them, at least a better mental and spiritual place!

What does it mean about the world?
If we lived our lives daily really convicted of God's plan and presence in our lives how might the world be changed for the better? But, as I said before, taking on the whole world is BIG, so how would those people who I have some level of influence on better if I really lived out the truth of the Gospel?

No comments:

Post a Comment