Thursday, November 6, 2014

IF: Equip Day 39

IF:Equip Genesis 24:55-67



Video Commentary by Alli Worthington & Amy Brown can be viewed here.

IF I believe this to be true then:

What does it mean about God?
God's plans are not our plans, God's ways are not our ways. God had a plan for Rebekah, but she had to be willing to go along with it. Not just go along, but actively participate. God offers us opportunities and choices but does not often force us into compliance. Rebekah could have said no, but she said yes.

What does it mean about me?
When am I saying no to God or not taking full advantage of the opportunities placed before me? How often do I act as if my actions are independent from God rather than perhaps a part of God's plan to help direct not only me, but those who will come after me? Do I have the kind of faith it takes to accept that God might have something in store for me that I do not expect? Do I have the bravery to believe in what I see God bringing from the horizon into my life?

What does it mean about the world?
Obviously the answer is if we were less self absorbed and paid more attention to God we would make better choices! At least that's what I should say right?
God has an overarching big scale plan for this earth and we are privileged to get to participate in just one tiny part of the story. But what we do in our part affects what goes on in other parts. We may not see exactly how God is using us to change someones life, but our faithfulness, or lack thereof will one day, perhaps sooner than we care to think, change the world for someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment