Friday, November 7, 2014

NaBloPoMo number 7 aka Friday Five

It happened again this week. In a social setting, during a conversation with people that included some I had just met, I made a reference to the church I serve. “Oh!” one of the new acquaintances exclaimed, “I shouldn’t have said hell!” Sigh. This kind of projection can be so tiring, as can the general need to be mindful of how our words and actions are perceived as appropriate (or not). In light of that, I relish moments to myself when I can shed all such perceptions and projections and just be. Occasionally this involves what might be known as a guilty pleasure.

For this week’s Friday Five, share with us five “perception be damned!” pleasures in which you indulge. We promise we won’t judge, or tell. What happens at RevGals stays at RevGals.


1) a yummy glass of wine

2) a LONG bath

3) an expensive coffee

4) two Benadryl 

5) binge reading a series of books or binge watching a show on Netflix 

No comments:

Post a Comment