Friday, February 27, 2015

Friday Five:Frozen edition

Today's Friday Five is brought by Deb who says:
When it gets to the end of February, even people who LOVE winter are ready for a new season. Like this mom, sick of snow days and hearing the soundtrack of a specific movie, you might be going a little stir-crazy. With the lyrics of that  movie to inspire, tell us:
1. For The First Time in Forever: Tell us about a magical first snow day – for a child, a transplanted southerner, or maybe you have a great story from the first snowfall in your area this season
Growing up in west Texas we didn't see too many snow days, and when it snowed it was an inch or two at best. Wednesday morning I got up and looked out my window to see this:

I jumped up and down just like my three littles. I have never had this much snow in my own yard! Who'd have thought I'd get 10 inches in Alabama?
2. In Summer: Tell us what you look forward to when it’s warmer again.
I'm looking forward to the green trees and pretty buds of Spring. I'm really looking forward to the dogwoods blooming around the church.
3. Reindeers are Better than people: We are in the business of loving people. But sometimes… Well, it’s a bit of a stretch to love. Do you have a tip, a mantra, or a perspective that helps?
Love is a choice, make good choices!
4. Fixer Upper: Since we are in the season of Lent, what are you doing in the area of self-improvement?
I'm attempting the pray the hours using Eastertide by Phyllis Tickle. note the word attempting. I bought it as a kindle book and found it very hard to follow. The paperback came in the frozen evening Wednesday night. It looks much more user friendly! but I haven't gotten back in it yet.
5. Let. It. Go. What would Elsa do? Are you de-cluttering? Moving on? Accepting a hard reality? Finding freedom?
I have been writing the curriculum for my denomination (available on Amazon if anyone's interested)
However, the deadlines have become a lot to handle. 52 lessons a year plus 50 sermons a year plus leading/teaching/writing two bible studies a week and raising three kids ages 2-10, well its been a bit overwhelming. I'm trying to "let go" of my perfectionist tendencies and let it be what it is!
Bonus: Frozen, thawing out or thawed, share a picture from your winter this year!
 

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I can't imagine writing a curriculum like that!
    And you have three children!
    My hat is off to you.

    ReplyDelete